UNIQLO, one of our favourite digital-show-off fashion brands recently launched their “Dry Mesh Project” on Pinterest, showcasing their products in a very cool way by hi-jacking categories using a team of Pinterest mobbers all uploading pics and pinning at the same time.
Well, firstly here’s some Global stats care of Techcrunch.
- 9000% growth in Q1, 2012, now near 20.2 million users
- 28% of Pinterest earnt more then 100k per annum
- 60% of users spend more time using it then they do Facebook
And in Australia?
- 27th most popular site in Australia in May 2012, based on average daily visitors and page-views
- 2% of the Pinterest users come from Australia with unique audience numbers growing from 140,000 in December to 360,000 in January 2012, with estimates now suggesting the number of Australian users are now nearing 450,000 (Nielson, March, 2012)
- 60% of Aussie users are female, predominantly aged 25 -34, and there’s an over representation of Queenslanders
How can brands us it? Here’s a few quick suggestions:
1) Create a board with pinups of all the products and services you offer.
2) Become a popular pin by encouraging user comments
3) Add a Pinterest button to your website
4) Use the keywords relevant to your business or industry to pin images to your board.